drank Pineapple Oolong by Lupicia

This is the tea that came in my happy bag that I was possibly most happy about. Which is funny because I’m not even all that into pineapple teas, but I wanted to try more of Lupicia’s flavored oolongs. The smell on the dry leaf on this one hit me strongly as soon as I cut open the pouch… pineapple! Sweet, candyish, pineapple-juice-smelling pineapple, with some creamy coconut to underlie it. It smelled quite tasty, and I could even get a hint of the oolong underneath.

Steeped, it smells more like oolong (which is a good thing), but still with a big helping of pinapple and coconut. I think the coconut is really making the oolong smell buttery. It’s a good combo! The flavors are pretty good but overall the cup seems like its missing something. I think that I really want a very buttery oolong in the background but it’s just not stepping up to the plate. Based on the aroma, I expect sweet and creamy and buttery, but those just aren’t delivered as much. I definitely think I will have to try this one iced, as well, because it seems perfect for that kind of preparation. Still, it’s a tasty tea, and I’m glad it was included in the bag.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US