drank Blue Ginger by Harney & Sons

I’ve been wanting to try this tea for a while now. I had thought I would get some in a swap, but I got a package in return (even though I didn’t intiate the swap!). Oh well, I ordered a sample with my Harney order so I definitely have some now. I love ginger, and I love lychee, so this was a must-try.

The steeped tea on this smells a lot like ginger but not a lot like lychee. The flavor is a bit more balanced, although the blend is such that I don’t really pick up any one particular flavor very strongly. The most predominant is probably the ginger, which is not really spicy and is a bit sweet, like candied ginger. I do get a bit of juicy, lightly floral lychee to it as well, rounded out by a decently tasty black tea base. Overally a pretty tasty tea, although I am not sure that I would reorder.

SimplyJenW

I have always wondered about this one. Ginger can be very hit or miss for me. I am pretty sure I can skip it!

Kasumi no Chajin

one of their blends I am strongly considering trying myself.

Terri HarpLady

I love ginger…

Comments

SimplyJenW

Kasumi no Chajin

one of their blends I am strongly considering trying myself.

Terri HarpLady

I love ginger…

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US