drank Sencha by Harney & Sons

Another sample sachet from my Harney order. I was prepared to be completely underwhelmed by this one. I don’t really know why, maybe I just have a low opinion of most senchas used in flavored tea bases, so I figured this one would be just as boring.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! When I smelled the brewed tea it smelled green and buttery and a touch savory. The taste was smooth… Yes, vegetal, yes a touch sea-weedy but also very buttery and comforting. No bitterness, no unpleasantness. An easy to drink green tea that would be nice with meals and when you want a simple, tasty tea.

Kasumi no Chajin

sounds like a keeper for me!

Comments

Kasumi no Chajin

sounds like a keeper for me!

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US