Sipdown, 237. Thanks to Kasumi no Chajin for this sample!

I have been curious about lotus teas for a while. Mostly lotus flower/florals, but lotus nut is interesting too. I do love a nutty green tea. I knew I was using kind of a lot of leaf for this one, so I only steeped it one minute. The liquor is already a lovely light amber color and smells both vegetal and nutty. Not in a chestnutty way like some green teas, just… different. But definitely nutty.

Mmm, this is quite pleasant. It seems like a completely unflavored green in many senses, as it has the same type of leafy nuttiness that you get in some types of green tea. It’s not buttery like some of those, but it works well anyway. There is maybe also a hint of toastiness. Overally a tasty tea; I think it would be a good meal-time green as well.