Sipdown, 234, but this one is coming back into my cupboard soon. Yes, I bit the bullet and ordered 2oz of it, which is the max you can order.

This cup convinced me. I didn’t have that much of it left, so I decided to do a western-style in my 6oz pot. Sooo delicious and chocolatey and sweet. Man the aftertaste was sweet on this cup. Way more expensive than most people on here would pay for a tea, but to me it is worth it.

Kashyap

there is many a saying concerning the ‘value’ of a thing being worth what you pay….the reality is tea is coming into its own and many communities are affected, some are still being exploited and manipulated, and some are still trying to find a way to exploit…David has done a revolutionary thing in bringing these teas to the market and doing so with interpersonal relationships, honesty, respect, and reverence…we need more things like this in the tea community and less ‘fruffy-bubble gum, mix it to obscurity, cover its character, dunno-where it comes from’ cheap teas….the value of the tea in this case is woven in its relationships and you can’t diminish its worth to our broader human community.

Kittenna

How does this differ from the regular Laoshan Black? I think I have a sample of it myself, but am curious as to your thoughts.

Dinosara

You know I am going to have to try a cup of regular Laoshan Black to really compare, but I would say this one is just like that one amped up to 11. It is richer, with more of all the awesome flavors in the regular version.

Kittenna

I do love the richness of Laoshan Black, mmm. I’ll have to try my sample soon, but not tonight, as I chose to consume raw garlic and now my tongue is temporarily ruined :P

Comments

Kashyap

Dinosara

Kittenna

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US