drank Pink Sonoma by Red Leaf Tea

Thanks to Azzrian for this sample!

In the genre of wine-flavored teas, I have only had an ice wine tea before. I am not sure what I think of wine flavored teas, except perhaps that they should not be hot. I didn’t think about that until just this moment, sipping this tea, but I would bet that I would prefer this iced.

This does remind me of wine in an odd way. Definitely a fruity, sweet rosé. I recently did some wine tasting in Napa, and it reminds me of some of the dessert wines I tried. Many of them had slightly floral or rose notes in the sip, and this does as well. It also surprisingly has a certain “dryness” that I associate with wine. It actually reminds me of a Gewürztraminer I tried that was “a little sweet”… not quite a dessert wine, not quite a table wine.

Anyway, I guess this does a pretty good job of mimicking a wine, and if you are into that, this might be up your alley. I love tea and I love wine, but I think I like them to be separate. I certainly only want hot wine flavors when I am drinking warm spice wine at the holidays.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US