Sipdown (Verdant Edition), 224. This tea is obviously old, given that it is spring 2011 picking. I only had a small amount of it left and I’m not sure why I was holding out on drinking it for so long… hoarding beloved tea impulses, I guess. I only had enough of this one for a western-style mug.

Despite its age, this smells amazing. Sweet and floral and buttery. The flavors are also still amazing, although I know they have diminished a bit. But still, if I can get this much flavor out of it two years on, it is a pretty amazing tea, and it still makes me very happy. Can’t wait until the spring 2013 picking!

Kashyap

I’m not sure the exact conditions for ‘aging’ a oolong or if they bear similarity to the needs of other aged teas like pu erhs, but if so it would follow that stored in a porous, ceramic container in a climate neutral environment with passive air circulation, it should age OK and potentially even improve…

Dinosara

I’ve heard that oolongs age well when they are of the darker/roasted variety, but I think green oolongs like this are more like green teas in the aging process. Regardless this one has held up pretty well!

Comments

Kashyap

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US