drank Cassis & Blueberry by Lupicia

Oops, I never added this sample to my cupboard. Sipdown anyway.

Even though I bought my teas in store in San Francisco, they still gave me a free sample sachet with my purchase. I love black currants (cassis) and black currant flavor, but dislike blueberry flavor and only like the actual berries occasionally, so I was feeling kind of meh about this tea.

I agree with others that this smells much more balanced blueberry:cassis when dry. It is unsurprising that I am pleased that the black currant takes over the blueberry in the steeped tea, even though others were not. However, the blueberry is there, in the background, keeping this from pure cassis glory (see how I am biased against blueberry). But I do find it to be a decently tasty berry tea, not too overly strongly flavored or artificial.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US