The number of varietals of oolongs out there will never cease to amaze me. I got a sample of this one from KittyLovesTea, thanks! I’ve never tried a Huang Jin Gu oolong, unless of course it has another name, which is totally possible.

While it was steeping the most amazing buttery, sweet, floral aroma was wafting out of the cup. It smells amazing and its making it hard to wait until it is cool enough to drink. The flavor is less sweet and buttery than it smelled, but it is still pretty floral, with a lot more leafy vegetal notes coming out. It’s a little sugar snap pea, but not quite so sweet, more like sauteed leafy greens with lilacs. Fresh and green and pleasant.