This has got to be the most potent tea I have ever had in my cupboard. Even just touching the bags its in, my hands smell like violets. This tea comes to me thanks to PositiviTEA.

From a distance this smells mainly like violet. STRONG violet. But when I sniff the tea up close, a clear rose congou aroma comes out and battles the violet for supremacy. Holy wow, this is a floral tea. I mean, I love florals and this is possibly a bit much for me. It’s actually calming down a bit as it cools, and while the rose is definitely there, the major flavor is VIOLET. I’m not sure that I love violet that much; I bought some violet candies once thinking that I would love them just as much as I love my rose candies, but I could never really get into them. I think this tea is the same way. That being said, I am still enjoying this tea a fair amount, as the base tea is smooth and nice, and the whole thing has even a light sweetness about it that complements it well. Happy to have finally tried a mostly violet tea, though, because I have been curious for a while.

i find a lot of the S&V teas are SUPER strong smelling