drank Himalayan Splendor by Teavana

I got this tea in a swap with Tea Sipper Thanks!

I have always been wary of teas from India and Nepal, mostly because I’ve never really cared for assams or darjeelings. But, I haven’t tried to many of them either (especially not unflavored), so it would probably be good if I gave them a try before dismissing them.

Hmm, this smells… well, like not the type of black tea that I like. It smells astringent. It smells like the component of some black blends that I dislike. It’s that thing that I can’t put my finger on but I don’t like. Well, I’m going to let it cool and see how the taste is.

The good news is that it isn’t so bad as I thought it was going to be. It actually isn’t really astringent, just fruity with some other flavors I can’t place. Hmmm. It leaves a bright, minerally feeling in my mouth. I’m really unsure of what to rate this one so I may just abstain. It’s not bad really, and clearly plenty of others think its great, but it is not for me. Darjeelings and similar are just not my style, and continue to be not my style!

Tea Sipper

yeah, darjeelings are my least favorite black teas too. I didn’t like this one.