drank Blue Ginger by Harney & Sons
1945 tasting notes

Sipdown, 186. I overleafed this cup because I wouldn’t really have enough in the sample for two more cups, so hopefully my minute-shorter steep time compensated.

Middle Eastern food for lunch again today, which means more onion mouth, which means probably no new-to-me teas anymore today and pretty much all flavored ones. I figured ginger might be good for taming the flavors. Hmm this one tastes a bit odd overleafed. Way gingery for sure, without much in the lychee department at all. Although I am getting a kind of bright juiciness to the aftertaste. I’ve actually been getting that a lot lately, though pretty much always when appropriate, so I am not quite sure what is going on. My tastebuds might be behaving wacky.

Now that this is cooling I am getting a sweet and spicy ginger from it as well as that bright juicy flavor in the aftertaste that may or may not be lychee. It’s tasting pretty good, which I guess is mostly what matters.