I apparently forgot that I brewed this one western style the first time I tried it. Oh well, western style again! I will still have enough for a good gongfu session as well, thankfully. The last time I had this I was operating under the mistaken idea that I preferred the autumn picking of Verdant’s usual Tieguanyin over the spring picking, when in fact I actually preferred the spring. So I cam in to this thinking that I would inherantly like this better as a a spring picking. Just goes to show you what preconceptions can do to your tasting experiences.

This is really an astounding tea, now that I really taste it. So floral, so creamy, so honeyed, it is the essence of spring in a cup, pretty much. This tea is everything about why I love the fresh, green tieguanyins so much.

Also, apparently I blew past my 1000th tasting note this weekend. I remembered that it was coming but then completely forgot about it once it came. So here’s to 1005!

Starfevre

Congrats on 1000 tasting notes, I"m coming up on 200, I can’t imagine what my tea cupboard will look like when I have enough for 1000 notes.

Kashyap

I also found it to be very bright, crisp and orchid like

Indigobloom

ack! I was watching out for yours to. Happy 1000 reviews!!

Kittenna

Yay, congrats on blasting past 1000! :)

looseTman

1000+ tasting notes – that’s truly quite an accomplishment! Congrats!

Invader Zim

Wow! Congrats on over 1000!

Comments

Starfevre

Kashyap

I also found it to be very bright, crisp and orchid like

Indigobloom

ack! I was watching out for yours to. Happy 1000 reviews!!

Kittenna

Yay, congrats on blasting past 1000! :)

looseTman

1000+ tasting notes – that’s truly quite an accomplishment! Congrats!

Invader Zim

Wow! Congrats on over 1000!

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US