drank Almond Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

It has been a loooong time since I have had a bowl of matcha. I used to drink one every morning last fall, but then I moved to Ohio and my morning routine changed, and I got out of making them. But I was portioning out some matcha for a swap today and decided that I really wanted some. Also I am exhuasted today from having to get up relatively early after a very late night. Then I washed my hands with almond soap and decided that I wanted almond matcha too.

I usually make my matcha with almond milk but I had none so I subbed regular milk. For some reason I just don’t like regular milk matcha lattes as much as almond milk lattes! This bowl had an almost savory note like it had been salted that was odd; I’m not sure if it is just the matcha being old or the choice of milks, but hopefully it is the latter.

Fjellrev

I agree! I prefer almond, coconut, or some brands of soy in lattes. Cow’s milk tastes too… milky with matcha.

Comments

Fjellrev

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US