drank Caramelized Pear by Art of Tea

Backlog from last night. Sipdown, 199. Yeah, I added all my recent swaps into my cupboard and it ended up at exactly 200! Haha awesome. And I was able to quickly drop back down to below 200 last night. This one comes to me thanks to GiggleGoddess.

I was interested in this tea even though I am not a big fan of rooibos because it had quite a few good reviews. I was pleased that it didn’t smell medicinally like rooibos gets for me often. It mostly smelled sweet and fruity. I thought it tasted pretty authentically pear-ish, with definite rooibos background but not enough to be annoying. At first I thought this was caramel pear, not caramelized pear, so I was thinking that it wasn’t quite matching up because I didn’t get any caramel flavor. But caramelized pear is a different ball game, that is a sugary baked pear, and that I could definitely see here. Still not a tea that I would pick up to drink regularly in the evenings, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

my cupboard is jealous of yours… still over 300 whimper

Terri HarpLady

I used to have this tea in my cupboard. A nice evening dessert type tea, as I recall :)

This review is actually making me contemplate a tea order….which is a crazy scary thing given that i’m currently feeling buried in tea.

Terri HarpLady

LOL, I have several orders on hold…just lists of what I want to order from various companies…when I’m allowed to order tea again!

Dinosara

I think I am starting to lose track of the orders I want to make in my head… I should probably start writing them down!

We have a spreadsheet that Kittenna; Raritea; Indigobloom and I use to keep track of orders and SHARE THEM. haha. love googledocs for that

Kittenna

Sil! You have some of this tea from me! NO ORDERS! :D

O yeah…I did see that after I’d posted this lol

TeaBrat

I did not like this on, if I have anymore do you want it?

Terri HarpLady

I wish I had some people nearby that I could share orders with. As far as I know, I’m the only steepsterite from St. Louis, & although I’m doing my best to share the addiction, most of the tea drinkers I know are happy with stuff they can get at the grocery. So far…

Dinosara

Terri – Ditto! I try to offer people tea but they usually don’t take me up on it.

Amy – Nah, I’m not fond enough of it to want more. :)

Comments

my cupboard is jealous of yours… still over 300 whimper

Kittenna

Sil! You have some of this tea from me! NO ORDERS! :D

O yeah…I did see that after I’d posted this lol

TeaBrat

I did not like this on, if I have anymore do you want it?

Dinosara

Amy – Nah, I’m not fond enough of it to want more. :)

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US