drank Miami Mango by Steep City Teas

Sipdown, 198. I cold brewed this one but I learned two things doing this: 1) it really does make a difference how much leaf you put in and 2) I use a lot of leaf for my cold brews.

I’m not sure it was because of the underleafing or what, but this one wasn’t great cold brewed. I suspect it was partly the underleafing (~1.5-2tsp for 13oz) because there wasn’t enough flavor in it to cover up a slight bitterness that may have been the hibiscus. Anyway, it was a learning experience. I had thought the glasses I was using for cold brewing were 16oz, but in the process of doing this I measured the water and found out that they are actually about 13oz. In the past I have used 2 TBSP of leaf for making cold brews in these glasses, thinking I was using 1 TBSP of leaf per 8oz water. Well I will have to try a few gradients and see what works best, but 2 tsp for 12oz (what I would use for regular brewing) is definitely not enough!