I will always take the opportunity to try Dammann blends I haven’t tried yet. This one has even been on my list, but it wasn’t a high priorty for ordering. But now thanks again to Ellen I have a sample yay!

Ok there is for sure something weird going on with some element here, but I don’t know if it is my brewing setup (recently cleaned, but not too recently), water (maybe?) or the samples. This does not have the same powerful salty flavor as the Nirvana tea earlier today, but it does have kind of an odd savory note. Fortunately for me, there’s plenty of lovely bergamot, orange blossom and violet as well. The savory note is fading as the tea cools as well. This is a very violetty tea blend, though it doesn’t assult you with violets. More just provides you with enough to roll around in. Don’t think I would restock this one (and I’m glad I don’t have 100g of it), although I am very glad that I got a chance to try it.

Shmiracles

i tried to go through your reviews, but what are some of your favorite Dammann Freres? i hope to shop there soon :)

I am with you on that Dinosara! i want to try them all!

Dinosara

Shmiracles – Well, it depends. What kind of flavors do you like? I love floral teas and so most of the teas I’ve had from there are floral in some way. But I’ve also had some fruity ones and more traditional (like Earl Grey, Red Fruits). In my opinion you can’t go wrong with any of them. I love the black tea base that Dammann uses for most of their flavored teas which helps. :)

Comments

Shmiracles

I am with you on that Dinosara! i want to try them all!

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US