So in trying to figure out my weird tainting of my tea this afternoon I tried the water from my kettle again and my boyfriend also agreed it tasted a bit funny. The water is very hard here so even though I filter it, I had some mineral buildup on the inside. I brought it home and boiled some white vinegar in it (thanks Michelle on Steepster forum, for that tip) and now it is sparkling clean. Trying it out now and hopefully everything is back to normal.

I am having some of this tea because I haven’t been feeling 100% lately, so I figured it couldn’t hurt to take some precautionary teas. I think that the taste is gone but I am not entirely sure. I mean, this tea is fairly medicinal, so it’s possible that its just that. I mean, it’s certainly not savory like before.

Indigobloom

I’ve been having weird tainted tea all week… I keep thinking I’ve figured out the issue and then prove myself wrong by making a great cup. Driving me nuts. Hope you figure yours out!