drank Rose Petal Black by The Tao of Tea

Thanks to ToiToi for this sample! I forgot that I had asked for and gotten a sample of this one, it was hiding in my sample drawer under several others. I was thinking about sipdowns and green teas, but I couldn’t bring myself to do either, so I decided to go rose black.

Mmmm, smells lovely for sure. Very candy-rosey, or like rose preserves. The flavor of this one is thinner and not as sweet as I might have expected. I think I have also gotten used to a thicker, maltier congou base for my rose blacks, and isn’t really up to par. Part of the joy of rose black tea is a really nice black base tea that complements the rose and supports it (I just realized that I would love a plain Rose Laoshan Black). This one is decent but I have other favorites. It’s a shame because the rose is very nice here. It just need some better support.