It has been forEVER since I have had this tea. I have been pushing it around my sample drawer for a while now, never wanting to use it up. Also it brings back good and bad memories. Good memories of kind Steepsters sending generous samples, which is how I found out about this in the first place. Bad memories of that one year that a bunch of us ordered samples from thepuriTea during a Black Friday sale everything came in shoddy sample packaging.

This is still pretty good to my tastebuds, although I am not entirely sure it deserves the 90+ rating I had given it before. It’s pretty authentic passion fruit, and the black tea base is smooth and slightly honeyed, which is a lovely combination. You don’t find a lot of straight passion fruit black teas out there (and I don’t like Harney’s), so I may eventually pick some of this up, one day. We’ll see how long it takes me to drink the rest of my sample pouch (probably 1.5 cups)