Thanks to yssah for a sample of this tea! I didn’t see her temperature recommendation before I brewed this one so I went conservatively. I never know how bud-based Chinese blacks are going to respond to full boil water.

The dry leaf of this tea is very golden with very squiggly leaves. Steeped, it smells way less hayish and woody than the Pure Gold Yunnan from LIT. Instead, it has more honeyed and sweet potato notes to it. The taste is smooth and sweet, with flavors of sweet potato pie. This is definitely more similar to the Dian Hong Golden Buds from Teavivre than the other Yunnan. It’s quite tasty, though a little thin, which is like a result of slight understeeping. Still, this a nice dian hong and a good example of the type of Yunnan black tea that I really enjoy!