drank Sencha by Harney & Sons

Sipdown, 189!

So my aladdin travel mug holds onto flavors/scents a lot, and to get rid of them you pretty much have to wash it completely with hot soapy water and a sponge. This is problematic when I am traveling because I almost never have dish soap or a sponge. My mug has smelled intensely like Harney’s Paris for a few days now, but I wanted to have this sachet that I brought with. I thought maybe the museum’s staff kitchen would have a sponge and soap, but no go. I ended up using some hand soap and shaking it very well.

The result is that certain sips of this tea I would get hints of Paris, and other sips I would get hints of soap. I was still able to enjoy the tea, but it was definitely a letdown. I bought a sponge today and washed it with the shampoo at my hotel (no way I am buying a huge bottle of dishwashing liquid while traveling), so we’ll see. I pretty much just have Paris and Dammann’s Goût Russe left as far as sachets go, so as long as it doesn’t taste like soap it should be fine anyway.

Stephanie

Yuck, contaminated sencha :(

Anyanka

Sometimes I brush my teeth with soap so this taste might be ok by me.

Fjellrev

Oh I know what you mean. My Timolino has smelled and tasted like Mulberry Magic for the past few days, but I don’t mind so much haha.

K S

Sencha seems to grab hold of other flavors so easily, but soap? Eeewww.

Dinosara

I’m thinking I am going to have to get a glass travel mug despite the risk of breakage… I just can’t take a plastic one.