drank Sakura Sencha by Den's Tea
1990 tasting notes

Sipdown, 180. I thought I would splitting this into two tastings, but then I actually had just the right amount of leaf according to Den’s instructions. So this is steeped with the leaf:water ratio that they recommend, and I don’t know if I did that with the other sample I had (this one comes to me thanks to Ellen!).

I think I prefer this on at a slightly lighter ratio, as this is fairly strong and vegetal. Slightly buttery but not too floral or fruity. It was still a tasty cup of tea, but I think I prefer this a tad “weaker” than Den’s instructions produce.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
89-86: I really really like these teas and will keep most of them in the permanent collection, but they’re not quite as spectacular as the top category
85-80: Pretty tasty teas that I enjoy well enough, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US