drank Wild Honey Sprout by Art of Tea

This tea comes to me thanks to GiggleGoddess! I have to say, I’ve never seen tea leaves quite like these. They are so so fuzzy, they look downy soft. They actually look way fuzzier than the picture on Art of Tea’s website. I was unsure of how much tea to use for this cup but I ended up using about half of the pouch that GiggleGoddess sent.

I feel like 195°F is kind of hot for a white tea, but that’s what they call for. Unsurprisingly there is a lot of tea fuzz floating around in my cup, and the liquor is surprisingly dark amber colored. It smells sweet and earthy, like fresh alfalfa hay and honey. This is pretty tasty. It’s definitely sweet, slightly hayish, but “darker” in flavor profile than most white teas I have tried. There’s also a slight vegetal quality to it, and I could be convinced of zucchini or some other summer squash. It’s nice and light, although there is a touch of astringency at the back of it that is kind of odd; I don’t know that I would want to steep it less, though, since the flavors are already fairly light. Perhaps at a cooler temp next time.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US