Sipdown, 176. I am steeping this one gongfu today, and ended up using two of the sample packs (10g total) in my 6oz teapot. More than I usually would, but it’s more in line with what Teavivre calls for in their online instructions. We shall see!

After a couple of steeps the leaves are already bursting out of my tea pot. Probably should have stuck with my usual amount, haha. With very short steeps initially (4-12 seconds) the tea is both kind of weak in flavor while also edging on over-vegetal bitterness. I am so far preferring this one western style, but maybe I would enjoy it more not quite so overstuffed with leaf. I have sometimes run into this, that it seems like the Chinese like to really pack their teapots and gaiwans with tea, more so than what tastes good to me. Differing tastes for sure!

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US