I’m going through some of these LPDT samples that I’ve had for a while but never tried so I can decide which ones I will drink the rest of and which ones I will swap and/or put in the TTB (if it ever comes).

They recommend steeping this one for 5–7 minutes. I can’t imagine! I did not follow that, though I did use their recommended temp. The resulting tea tastes kind of… odd. I can’t really parse it, and I think it’s the fruity floral flavors combined with the dark, roasted oolong. These are not things that go together in my mind, and I wanted this to be a green oolong. I also can’t for the life of me figure out which fruit and flowers are supposed to be in here. It is very confusing. The base is actually not too roasty and pretty nutty, so I feel like it would have been a great candidate for a chocolate/nut based tea. But no, fruity florals. Once I got partway through it started growing on me a bit, so it ended up being a drinkable tea, but definitely not one I would seek out again. Such has been my experience with LPDT… nothing quite amazing, but a lot of decent teas.

TeaBrat

I got their flavored samples too and was not real impressed with most of them…

Ysaurella

they are not impressive, do agree !

Comments

TeaBrat

I got their flavored samples too and was not real impressed with most of them…

Ysaurella

they are not impressive, do agree !

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US