I love jasmine, and I was super excited to get this tea in the Reserve Club package a while ago, so why have I never opened it until now? Well for a while I didn’t have a good way of brewing green teas at home, but that’s still just an excuse because I’ve had my variable temp kettle for a month now. It is true that I haven’t had a chance to really sit down with any of my reserve teas lately because I’ve been running around a lot on the weekends. Also, I think I wanted to brew this one in a gaiwan (instead of my small pot), although I don’t have one now. But today I finally decided to break into it, and I am even drinking it western style (though with many infusions).

Of course, my taste buds still seem to be a tad compromised from lunch, so who knows how this will go. The first infusion was lovely and jasmine-y, but not anything more outstanding than some good quality jasmine pearls. I am looking forward to doing these more gongfu style (and I won’t rate them now). Right now they are beautiful and delicious, if not mindblowing.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US