Well, that last tea went from ok to completely undrinkable very quickly. Oh well, I blame the tea dust.

Last month I received two Verdant orders at the same time (one was a preordered tea cup), and both had a sample of this tea in them. One pouch is at home, waiting to be gongfu-ed, but one was brought into work to steep western style. I’m not typically into aged TGYs (I like them green as grass), but I am open to anything.

Steeped it smells like… an aged TGY. I know, so inspired. I am lacking in some inspiration today, I guess. There some dark florals lurking about, behind the aroma of lightly roasted veggies. The flavor is lighter than expected, really. It’s neither overly roasted nor overly floral. It’s just kind of sitting there in the middle, chilling. I’m not sure really what to think other than its a perfectly nice oolong to drink, but it’s not too terribly interesting to me. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in gongfu.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US