Sipdown, 148. With the June reserve club coming in to increase my cupboard size, I thought it would be appropriate to sipdown some of the older reserve offerings I have. These teas tend to languish for multiple reasons: 1) I love them and want to hoard them because they are rare, 2) I don’t love them so I don’t think about drinking them often, and 3) I just don’t have time to gongfu very often. Tonight we came home slightly early so I decided to have this one in the evening.

This is one that I like ok but don’t love. I just haven’t picked up the palate for piney-ness and such. To me it really reminds me of walking a forest, in the cool weather, after a rainstorm. I love that scent, but it just doesn’t translate to delicious to me. But who knows, maybe in a couple of years it will!

goodness, i really should try and get to my reserve club teas!

Bonnie

I have to be in the correct mood.myself, a certain kind of calm when I drink these type’s of tea’s. I float off to forest and mountains for some reason…which I have to be in the right frame of mind to do.

Charles Thomas Draper

Theres nothing wrong with floating off into a forest…

Comments

goodness, i really should try and get to my reserve club teas!

Bonnie

Charles Thomas Draper

Theres nothing wrong with floating off into a forest…

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US