Sipdown, 146. Quick, I need a sipdown because my Verdant reserve club box is out for delivery!

This is one I am sad to see go (but it was also the only sipdownable tea I had among the reserve club packages at home). It is an aged TGY, but so unique because there is no roasting involved! So it still has the greenness and the florals of a green TGY, but it also has a thick, hearty breadiness. I get some sweet green apple notes, kind of like an apple bread. I am spending the afternoon gongfu brewing this one, and very much enjoying it. Hmmm, I wonder if any of this is left on Verdant’s website?

High Adventure

I was wondering, can reserve club members order more of what they got?

Dinosara

Typically, yes, the teas are posted in limited quantities on Verdant’s site and password protected. I’ve gotten more of two of the teas in the past, though of course they are not cheap (most of them seem to be $20/oz). Last month’s were never posted but I assume they will do it again.

Comments

High Adventure

I was wondering, can reserve club members order more of what they got?

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
89-86: I really really like these teas and will keep most of them in the permanent collection, but they’re not quite as spectacular as the top category
85-80: Pretty tasty teas that I enjoy well enough, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US