drank Black Dragon Pearls by Teavana

Swapdown this morning (not this tea, but getting rid of a few others, and actually not acquiring new teas in return, just postage), leaving me with 138 teas! Woot! It’s a good thing because I am approaching some travel times, which means few sipdowns, and then in less than a month I will be in Paris, buying way too many teas.

Anyway, this tea. Two ounces of black dragon pearls, which is what I had ordered of this one, is really not a lot. Some teas are like that I guess! My pouch already seems pretty empty, but may have more servings in it than I think. This tea is good but not great. It shows its Yunnan roots in the light hay notes. They discontinued selling this tea at the same time that I bought it on clearance, so perhaps my pearls are fairly old, but these pale in comparsion to most of the other pearls I’ve had. I don’t get much chocolate, I don’t get sweetness. I get a fairly normal non-golden Yunnan black tea that just happens to be rolled into pearls. Well, if I drink this up then I can order some pearls from Teavivre (my favorite!)

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US