drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

Sipdown, 133. At first I was hoarding this one, too, but then I realized that I have two ounces of the first picking Laoshan Black, so why I am hoarding this?

I am immediately reminded why I love it, however. This was the bottom of my pouch, so this cup had some finer bits of tea than usual, and more of them certainly pack into a tablespoon or so. After 1 minute I knew that it was done and needed no more time. The scent is heavenly, and oh so chocolatey. And the flavor! Holy crap is this cup sweet. It’s like I sugared it, but I didn’t. I think this came from a particularly chocolatey and honeyed batch of Laoshan Black from a couple of springs ago, and it is amazing. Farewell, this batch of Laoshan Black! You were awesome.

Bonnie

Oh sweet memories!

Comments

Bonnie

Oh sweet memories!

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US