drank Chaman Chai by Inti Zen

Sipdown, 127. It’s been an exhausting couple of days. I got sick a few days ago but refused to let it slow me down on my few days back in NY, so now that I can slow down I am totally exhausted. It’s really hot, but fortunately we have AC currently and so I am having the final of these teas that I brought with me. Hopefully it will perk me up a bit.

I always drink chai sweetened with milk, and I decided this one would be no different. Before additions it smells very spicy and kind of like Christmas… Clove, cinnamon, ginger. I think I can smell the cardamom too, and it adds a “roundness” to the spice mixture, keeping it from being too sharp. With additions, this tastes to me like a fairly generic chai. Then again, I’m not a chai person normally, so I don’t know if I’d be able to pick out the intricacies of the spice blend. But it’s pretty tasty, and I can feel the black tea giving me energy already.