drank Fig Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

Earlier today I made a iced matcha latte with this using some instructions I found in a discussion thread here, thanks to Stephanie. They were: 1/2 tsp matcha, 2 tsp sugar, 1 cup milk, shaken with ice. I don’t have a cocktail shaker (for some bizarre reason), but I did happen across a shaker bottle intended for making frappés (this particular frappé being a Greek instant coffee, milk and sugar drink that I grew fond of when studying abroad in Athens years ago), which works well.

It was super delicious! I will try it without sugar to see how it turns out as well, but the two teaspoons in this weren’t overly sweet. I need to get through some of my matcha because it is pretty old at this point, so this will be a great way to drink it up this summer.

Amariel

Huh…so no boiling water for the matcha then?

Dinosara

Yeah even when made hot it should only be made with about 175F water, but you can shake it up with just cold water or milk and it works great!

Comments

Amariel

Huh…so no boiling water for the matcha then?

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US