drank Mi Xian Black by Butiki Teas

I wanted to try one of my more delicate Chinese black teas with my new water filter (as opposed to a heavily flavored blend) before digging into some other new teas I have. This is, amazingly, nearly a sipdown.

It’s quite honeyed today, and it’s making me feel better about my water being back to normal. It really is an unusual black tea, and unusual for me as well to like it, since I have often not liked very fruity-floral unflavored black teas. Which is funny because I love those flavors in green oolongs, and I love them flavored. This is particulary juicy today, and it really reminds me of cooked, honey-covered peaches. With some slightly grain-y black tea notes backing it up. Very nice cup this morning.

Chizakura

This tea is so great. :D I’m with you that I don’t normally like fruity blacks, but this is divine. xD

Comments

Chizakura

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US