drank Mi Xian Black by Butiki Teas
1994 tasting notes

Sipdown, 129. Some of my teas have been seeming not as flavorful as they should be lately. I don’t know if it’s the water again or what, but I decided to finish off this one to test it out, since I had it recently with the new water filter in.

This cup is pretty good, but it isn’t as sweet as this tea sometimes is. Hmm. Perhaps my kettle needs cleaning. Anyway, glad I tried this one out, although I think it’s a tad fruity for me in a black tea. But I have very much enjoyed it.

Kittenna

I find it so annoying when that happens – usually tea tastes fine at my place, but it’s hit or miss at my boyfriend’s – and I’m using Brita-filtered water there too (and I know the filter is new, because I replaced it! Haha.)

Comments

Kittenna

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
89-86: I really really like these teas and will keep most of them in the permanent collection, but they’re not quite as spectacular as the top category
85-80: Pretty tasty teas that I enjoy well enough, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US