drank Fleurilège by Dammann Freres
1993 tasting notes

Backlog from this morning. I love hazelnut spreads and liqueur, and even though I’ve fallen out of love with Harney’s Florence and have had only mediocre luck with nutty teas lately, I ordered some of this because it sounded so tasty. Unlike the typical pairing of chocolate and hazelnut, this is vanilla and hazelnut!

Man, I’m glad I ordere some because this is delicious. The hazelnut really reminds me of Frangelico, and these awesome hazelnut creme candies I made with Frangelico last Christmas. The vanilla is sweet and creamy and a tiny bit caramelized-tasting. And the tea base on this one really complements the nuttiness. Definitely very pleased with this one!

oh man…frangelico! you’re killing me! haha

Ruby Woo Scarlett

This sounds amazing! I must try this. I’m trying to imagine the combo of vanilla and hazelnut and it seems delicious to me. I’ve just received an order from Dammann and hadn’t even seen this one :(

Dinosara

It might be one that is kind of buried on their site, but I have found it on there before. I ordered this one from a third party reseller.

Comments

oh man…frangelico! you’re killing me! haha

Ruby Woo Scarlett

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
89-86: I really really like these teas and will keep most of them in the permanent collection, but they’re not quite as spectacular as the top category
85-80: Pretty tasty teas that I enjoy well enough, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US