drank Noël à Venise by Dammann Freres
2036 tasting notes

When I first got my pile of Dammann teas my boyfriend said I couldn’t drink this one (and another) because it’s not Christmas. What I have to say to that is :P. Also there is nothing particularly Christmassy about lemon meringue and toffee too me, but I have never spent Christmas in Venice.

I could immediately smell the lemon meringue and the toffee from the dry leaf. Brewed, this definitely reminded me of another tea I’ve had. It took me a minute, but then I realized that the flavor combo was very similar to Harney’s Indian Nimbu: lemon and caramel. At one point I loved that one but then darjeelings fell out of favor with me. This, however, has no darjeeling, so I am optimistic.

Yeah, I’m pleased with this one. It’s lemony and caramelly, and I like the base on it. I wouldn’t say I get a distinct lemon meringue, but the whole thing has a creamy flavor that I guess fits with that idea. All in all a tasty tea, although I would agree that it doesn’t quite “pop” for me for some reason. I mean, it’s delicious, but I’m not swooning. Still, I will happily be drinking the rest of this tea.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

I love the name of this one! I would love to spend Christmas in Venice. Though from what you said, I dunno if it would evoke Venice to me.

Dinosara

Yeah, having been to Venice myself I’m not sure what’s particularly Venitien about this tea, but sometimes tea names are kind of silly. :)

Ysaurella

you loved this one more than I even if you’re not swooning.
I should think about swapping this one.

Tea Sipper

I tend not to like Darjeeling, but I LOVED the Indian Nimbu… that you happened to send me. :D

Comments

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Dinosara

Ysaurella

you loved this one more than I even if you’re not swooning.
I should think about swapping this one.

Tea Sipper

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
89-86: I really really like these teas and will keep most of them in the permanent collection, but they’re not quite as spectacular as the top category
85-80: Pretty tasty teas that I enjoy well enough, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US