Thanks to Angel and Teavivre for this sample. I requested this one because it is new and it’s a green oolong. A note of personal preferences: typically I don’t LOVE osmanthus oolongs, but I do enjoy them quite a lot. They are tasty teas to drink but I don’t swoon over them usually.

I followed Teavivre’s steeping directions on this one, and it seemed pretty done after a minute so I pulled the leaves instead of letting it go for two. It smells nicely floral and sweet, with lovely osmanthus notes. The flavor is sweetish, with slighty spinachy bottom notes and a thick floral flavor over all. This is an extremely floral tea, so if you are not down with florals you are probably better off giving this one a pass. If you do like florals, however, this is a nice example of an osmanthus oolong.

Shelley_Lorraine

I describe myself as anti-floral when I don’t have time to explain details, but osmanthus has yet to be a floral that offends me. Not that I love it, but I wouldn’t say no to a cup. :)