drank Bali by Dammann Freres
2007 tasting notes

Had this one earlier this afternoon. This had been high on my list of Dammann teas to try despite my waning interest in flavored green teas. I do still like rose or jasmine greens, and I do still like my Dammann greens, so I figured I would give it a shot. It wasn’t until today that I realized that the flavor profile is pretty similar to another French tea I recently acquired, the Rose et Litchi from Fauchon. This has a bit more going on, though; besides rose and lychee, it has jasmine and grapefruit flavors as well.

This was nicely fruity and floral. It is definitely predominantely lychee, with the complementary rose that merges so well with it. I do get bright, citrusy grapefruit as well. No distinct jasmine, but it kind of adds to the overall floralness I suppose. I will have to try Rose et Litchi again in comparison, but this is quite tasty and I will definitely enjoy my pouch of it.

Ysaurella

it may be because Fauchon and Hédiard supplier for teas is…Dammann Frères ;)
For Hédiard, I identified at least 12 teas from the classical Dammann Catalogue (Charlotte au chocolat, Paul & Virginie, Orange et miel, mélange mystérieux etc…) And Dammann is the historical supplier for Fauchon since ages now so your palate should be right Dinosara

Dinosara

Haha, that’s so funny! It happens all the time with US tea companies so I guess I should have expected that something like that might be happening. Guess that explains why I have been liking Fauchon teas so far.

Ruby Woo Scarlett

Oooo that’s an interesting piece of trivia, I didn’t know Dammann supplied Fauchon. Do you know if Ladurée get its tea from another company too? I’m having a cup of Mariage’s rose right now and it’s eeringly similar to Ladurée’s Thé à la Rose.

Ysaurella

For Ladurée I have no idea sorry Ruby Woo Scarlett. I think I never had one of their teas :S

Ruby Woo Scarlett

Oh don’t bother. Overpriced weak tea, and I hate their staff.

Comments

Ysaurella

it may be because Fauchon and Hédiard supplier for teas is…Dammann Frères ;)

Dinosara

Ruby Woo Scarlett

Oh don’t bother. Overpriced weak tea, and I hate their staff.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
89-86: I really really like these teas and will keep most of them in the permanent collection, but they’re not quite as spectacular as the top category
85-80: Pretty tasty teas that I enjoy well enough, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US