Ugh, started writing this tasting note and then was forced to refresh all tabs, thus losing it. Oh well. I officially finished sampling all the teas in my Instant Thé order, but I still have a couple that I bought at the Dammann store in Paris. This is one of them.

The dry leaf on this one smells very bright and citrusy, but also with a darker non-citrus note that must be the mango. Steeped, it smells citrusy but also kind of herby in a hard to describe way. Almost like thai basil? Oh, checking the ingredients list here there is ginger, which makes sense. Still getting a somewhat basily note, which is possibly the oolong interacting with the rest. The flavor is nice, slightly sweet, citrusy and gingery. The ginger is not super strong, but it’s enough to give it a slight kick. Definitely very much enjoying this one, but I’m not surprised as flavored green oolongs, especially citrusy ones, are some of my favorites.

Stephanie

I hate it when my tasting notes get lost somehow! Makes me not want to re-write it all.