Finally back to my teas, yay! I had been waiting for this one to come into stock and then made my order. It’s pretty hyped, but luckily for me I don’t have a problem with auto-disliking something because it is hyped.

The smell of the brewed tea on this one really reminds me of the Mi Xian black, which makes sense because both are made leafhopper-bitten leaves that produce honey notes. I get honey and apricots, I think. The texture of the liquid is nice and robust; it’s smooth and doesn’t seem thin at all. The flavor is sweet and honeyed for sure, with fruity notes. I don’t get a distinct pastry or waffle note from this, but it is certainly delicious. I’ll have to try it at four minutes as well just to see how it turns out (I usually don’t steep black teas for four minutes, but those are the steeping instructions). I am finding that the fruity blacks are not exactly my preferred variety, but I do enjoy this one a lot and I’m very glad to have gotten some.

Stephanie

Cool! I was wondering how it compared to the Mi Xian. Which one do you prefer?

Terri HarpLady

It’s been awhile since I drank this one, but I do recall it reminding me of Mi Xian also, with that hint of coriander & honey fruity sweetness. My Butiki package arrived on saturday, including some of this! Yay!

i vastly preferred this one to the mi xian…but it’s been so long that i can’t remember why lol

Terri HarpLady

LOL, I am out of the mi xian. I’ll have to order a little next time, for comparison sake, maybe.

Stephanie

Or I’ll trade you some Mi Xian for some Taiwanese Terri! I want to taste them both too! :)

Dinosara

Yeah I unfortunately don’t have any Mi Xian left to try it against, but I think I prefer this one. I think the Mi Xian is a little fruitier and doesn’t have as much “heft” to the body.

i’m picky about my fruity black teas…

Steph, lets talk…:)

Comments

Stephanie

Cool! I was wondering how it compared to the Mi Xian. Which one do you prefer?

Dinosara

i’m picky about my fruity black teas…

Steph, lets talk…:)

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US