drank With Open Eyes by Butiki Teas

Sipdown, 144. Thanks to Stacy for including a sample of this one with my order!

This one sounded interesting to me, but I was unsure about whether I would really dig all the flavors together. Toffee dragonwell sounds amazing, ginger is a plus, but strawberries I’m not huge on (actually it’s one of those things where I love fresh strawberries but not so much in other forms). Thankfully Stacy graceously sends out samples and I asked for this one.

I ended up steeping this for three minutes instead of 2min 30sec because I might have added a bit more than 8oz of water. As it is it it brewed up very pale but also with a good amount of aroma. It smells pretty much like dragonwell and strawberries. Those are the primary flavors I get, too; light buttery and slightly vegetal dragonwell, sweet strawberry, and perhaps the barest hint of a gingery note at the end. I don’t taste any distinct toffee notes, but perhaps they are blending in a bit. Overall a fairly tasty tea, especially if you love strawberries.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US