drank Black Dragon Pearls by Teavana
1987 tasting notes

I was up way too late last night because I went to see the Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World’s End) and had a long drive home, and then I had to get up way too early this morning to teach. Ugh. So now that I’m sitting down at my desk I brewed up a cup of this extra strong to hopefully energize me. Seven pearls this time, instead of six!

It turned out pretty well. This may be one of those teas that works better bolder than it does when brewed the way I usually would. It has more body, but hasn’t acquired too much bitterness or astringency. It is a bit like unsweetened cocoa powder in flavor, which is to say a little too bitter for me, but it’s not bad.

Uniquity

I am very excited to go to The World’s End tomorrow. It makes me want to re-watch Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead beforehand but that might be a bit ambitious!

Stephanie

How was the World’s End? I’m seeing it tomorrow too. LOVE those guys :D

Dinosara

I thought it was great! It was definitely a marathon, but at least these movies are all about 1hr30min long. Much less of an investment than the LOTR Trilogy Tuesday, which I also did back when Return of the King came out.

Comments

Uniquity

Stephanie

How was the World’s End? I’m seeing it tomorrow too. LOVE those guys :D

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
89-86: I really really like these teas and will keep most of them in the permanent collection, but they’re not quite as spectacular as the top category
85-80: Pretty tasty teas that I enjoy well enough, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US