drank Afternoon Tea by Lupicia

Sipdown, 141. I sent the package of this that I got in my happy bag away in a swap a while ago, but I still had the sample bag kicking around. I figured I should at least try it, although I was not optimistic because it had the dreaded darjeeling in it.

When I brewed it up, it smelled pretty good, honestly. I may have to explore assams a bit (beyond Butiki’s PTA) because I think they do have potential for me. I used to think that assams were the part of the blend I didn’t like, but now I think that it was likely certain (but not all) keemuns. Maybe certain assams as well, I guess. Anyway, when this was hot it was pretty decent, though not particularly interesting, but as it cooled it got very bitter for some reason. Not sad I sent the rest of it away, though I liked it better than I thought I would.

Lynxiebrat

It could be anything that threw you off from the tea, maybe it sat to near a really pungent tea, or other item. Maybe it got exposed to heat/cold. Or might of been a bad crop. Whole bunch of variables.

Dinosara

Oh I wasn’t talking about this blend in particular, but any time I would have a black tea blend with somewhat unknown components, and there was one part that I didn’t like about it.

Comments

Lynxiebrat

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US