I’ve had this tea for a while, although apparently not as long as I thought. I thought for sure at least two years, but it’s really more like a year and a half. I’ve never tried it because I wasn’t super impressed with most of the teas that I had ordered from Georgia Tea Company, and I had so many others to drink. But today I decided to go ahead and try it out. I am taking this tea with milk and sugar because I feel like most chais are better that way (they are a little overwhelming to me straight). I would assume that this is a re-sell of Culinary Teas’s tea of the same name.

Side note: I looked at my old order form for this company and was reminded how all of these at least 1oz bags of tea I got were supposed to be sample sizes that made 10 cups. On what planet?? When I was first starting out in the tea world I was excited by really large samples. Look at all this tea I’m getting for $2! But now they kind of annoy me. An ounce is not a sample. An ounce is actually a lot of tea to get through.

Anyway, this is less than inspiring. Perhaps it has lost a fair amount of luster due to age. It tastes spicy and a little dusty. No pumpkin. Not even any substantial black tea flavor, and I didn’t skimp on the leaf or steeping. It tastes thin and flat. I think I may just toss the pouch of this since I doubt I will convince myself to drink it again, and I wouldn’t want to send anyone an old, flavorless tea. Unexpected sipdown? 144.

Indigobloom

Hahah I feel the same way!! I even decline FREE tea if it’s in a large quantity. sometimes.

Comments

Indigobloom

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US