Another triumphant sipdown, 143. I ordered this tea from Georgia Tea Company not for it’s purported “weight loss” properties, but because it was described as a green/oolong blend that was mango flavored. I hate it when a company names a tea something like “weight loss.” Why couldn’t you just call it Mango Papaya Oolong or something? There’s nothing more weight loss about this tea than any other green/oolong/fruit blend.

I have to admit I never tried this hot. And I didn’t try it for quite a while, just like the Sleepy Hollow Pumpkin Chai. But when I did cold steeped, I was very pleasantly surprised. You know, this is pretty tasty! The oolong seems like it is probably a generic formosa, which gives a slight toasted note, but not too much. The mango is light and fruity, but the flavoring is definitely subtle in a good way. By the end of my “sample” (large pouch), I actually took to liking this one so much that I would consider repurchasing for cold brews in the future. But right now I am basking in the glow of having finished off another old tea from my cupboard.

Iced
Fjellrev

Sipping down a weight loss tea? Hold the phone, shouldn’t you have disappeared by now?

Comments

Fjellrev

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US