Just kidding, I wasn’t done with Gande Tieguanyins yet. I forgot I had this one, which I brought back with me from Beijing. This is a somewhat older tea, but it’s been in vacuum sealed pouches all this time, so I think it should be fine.

Immediately this tea smells greener and leafier. This one has definite spinach notes in amongst the florals, which present but somehow more plant-like and less frilly. The texture is nice and smooth, but it doesn’t have as much of the straight up butter notes. It’s also one of the few I have that actually has slight fruity/apricot notes, and a real tang to it. It has a hint of sweetness, but it’s moderated by the tanginess and the vegetal notes. I love how these TGYs are all different in subtle ways, but I love them all.