drank Pumpkin Spice Black Tea by Chado

Wow there was about 15 minutes there where the Steepster discussion boards were totally overtaken by spam. But it’s gone now!

So I’ve had this tea for a little while now, and I got it in a swap with IrishBreakfastLass. Thanks! At first I didn’t try it because it wasn’t “seasonal”, but then I didn’t try it because it didn’t seem that awesome. Lots of CTC leaf, and a kind of lackluster scent of the dry leaf. But I figured I should get around to tasting it sooner or later.

Yeah, lackluster smell of the brewed tea, too. It smells like the kind of gross CTC tea that I hate, along with some cinnamon. It doesn’t taste gross, but it also doesn’t really taste good. Kind of like the Butiki Pumpkin Creme Brulee tea I had earlier this week, this one tastes like not much at all anymore. Maybe like musty cinnamon. I wonder if pumpkin flavoring disappears faster than others? There is maybe a bit more to this one, though, and I wonder if I could force some flavor out of it by brewing it super strong then adding milk and sugar. Well, it goes home, and if it still sucks, it will meet the trash can!

caile

Yeah, that was quite a bit of spam!

Comments

caile

Yeah, that was quite a bit of spam!

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US