Sipdown, 127. This is one of my winnings from the recent Teavivre Taiwan oolong giveaway.

Apparently I have tried this one before, although I don’t know if the name has slightly changed because I don’t remember it being specifically Taiwanese the last time I had it. Well, I’m happy to have it again. The smell is definitely traditional TGY… green, but a little roasty too. I looked at the steeping instructions on the sample packet, which said boiling water for 3 to 10 minutes. LOL, whut. That is insane. And perhaps a misprint, since the steeping instructions are different on this page.

Mmm, this is such a pleasant tea. I have come to enjoy the roasted flavors of this type of oolong, and drinking this really makes me see the similarities between traditional TGYs and the unroasted Wuyi oolong I had earlier today. This tea is honey sweet, like honey on a pastry. Yum. Who knows, maybe there is a place in my cupboard for traditional TGY after all.

TeaVivre

Thanks for you found the issue, we are adjusting all brewing guides, and will change it soon.